Sunday, September 23, 2012

Movie - The Guard (2011)

The Guard starts off slow but gets better as it goes - just give it a chance.  I wasn't able to completely suspend my disbelief but I did like the characters a lot.  It is a comedy although very sardonic in approach. 

Brendan Gleeson plays the main character, Sergeant Gerry Boyle.  One can never be sure of what's going on underneath his small-town mannerisms, rough edges and blind eye towards the law.  Don Cheadle who plays an FBI agent, Wendell Everett, pairs up with the Sergeant to find three of the most wanted and most well read international drug dealers.  At one point, he tells the sergeant, "I can't tell if you're really motherf***in' dumb, or really motherf***in' smart."  Either way, there are some brilliant lines and I would recommend this movie!  It's a great ride that goes up and down as they look for Nietzsche-quoting drug dealers.   

I would give this movie three stars out of five.  Stars are given as follows:

IMDB Link to The Guard

No comments:

Post a Comment