Friday, September 28, 2012

Nerina Pallot - Butterfly

Nerina Pallot is an incredibly talented singer and her music has matured from album to album.  Her first album, Dear Frustrated Superstar, had some great songs on it and each subsequent work has been stronger than the last.  I would have to say that Year of the Wolf, her last album and the one on which Butterfly can be found, is my favorite.  I would highly recommend all of her music!

Butterfly cautions against starting a relationship if you aren't ready for the inevitable and painful conclusion.  "If you really can't let go, start no fire" seems like sage advice for those who have difficulty dealing with endings.  While I agree that there is risk and the potential for pain in anything, I think keeping the cold away even for a little while is worth starting the fire.  Deal with the pain when it happens...enjoy the moment!

Video with music and lyrics is below.


Support the artist and buy her music!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment