Saturday, September 29, 2012

Melissa Etheridge - Precious Pain

I listened to Melissa Etheridge's new album, 4th Street Feeling, and left wishing that she'd captured some other street's feeling (or maybe even an avenue).  The songs did not seem to have the emotional quality that I associate with her music.  And some of the lyrics just did not make sense.  The best song on the album was Shadow of a Black Crow.  While I tried hard to listen to the song, it was somewhat spoiled by the fact that it started with the line "I am levitating somewhere down the road..."  What does that even mean??

I've included Precious Pain,  a song off her self-titled first album.  It's one of her best - somewhere along the way, she became wealthy and happy, a combination that seems to be an anathema for good song writing

The video below contains the music and lyrics.


Support the artist and buy her music (at least the good stuff!).

No comments:

Post a Comment