Friday, December 7, 2012

Youth Lagoon - Montana

I think this song is about the end of a relationship (aren't they all about the beginning or the end of a relationship?).  It doesn't sound like a particularly nice ending as described by the lyrics:
Your honesty was killing me...The monsters in the room were all dancing to the music all around us 
I don't understand the reference to the "spirit" in Montana but love the end of the song where he sings:
As I walked slowly down your driveway to my car, I looked back and turned into salt...a pillar with a hat.
Though he was commanded to leave, does he suffer the same punishment as Lot's wife, who turns into a pillar of salt when she turned around as she left Sodom because she expressly violates God's command?   At least he is still styling, since he is a pillar with a hat!

Please see the video below for music and lyrics.


If you like the song, please support the artists and buy their music!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment