Sunday, December 30, 2012

Dido - Mary's in India

Born Florian Cloud de Bounevialle Armstrong, she grew up being called Dido by her family.  In The Guardian, when she was interviewed in 2001, she says this about her name:
To be called one thing and christened another is actually very confusing and annoying.  It's one of the most irritating things that my parents did to me. I'm still irritated by it. Florian is a German man's name. That's just mean. To give your child a whole lot of odd names. They were all so embarrassing.  I thought it was cruel to call me Dido and then expect me to just deal with it.
 You can read the rest of the interview by clicking here.

Mary's in India is a pretty interesting song.  I guess the object lesson from this song is that , if you go on a long trip, don't ask your friend to look after your boyfriend.

Please see the video below for music and lyrics.




If you like the song, please support the artist and buy her music!!!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment