Monday, December 3, 2012

Ellie Goulding - I Need Your Love (feat. Calvin Harris)

Ellie Goulding's first album, Lights, is one of my favorite albums and showcased a great voice coupled with excellent song-writing.  Naturally, I've been waiting for the follow-up album.

Halcyon is good but not great.  I don't think the songs are quite as good as the ones that comprise Lights.  There are so few artists who have been able to transcend a great debut album and get better with each work.  On the positive the production quality is excellent on every song.  However, there is a still a lot of coo-ing and vocal gymnastics that get in the way.  All of the songs are enjoyable but few are memorable.  I Need Your Love is one of my favorites off the album.

Please see the video below for music and lyrics.



If you like the song, please support the artist and buy her music!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment