Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Bat For Lashes - Moon and Moon

Like every Bat for Lashes song, Moon and Moon sounds great but starts to hurt my head when I try to figure out what the song is saying, especially the first stanza.
Lover when you don't lay with me
I'm a huntress for a husband lost at sea
If I had you here, we were here together
I'd be boy and you'd be girl, beautiful
 I think I'm safe in assuming that Bats For Lashes (otherwise known as Natasha Khan) is talking about a guy from the "huntress for a husband" statement but what does she mean when she's saying "I'd be boy and you'd be girl."  Maybe the guy doesn't want to be a girl?  Maybe that's the reason he's not there and she's alone?

Much of the song seems like a call for help but I'm not sure who she is calling when she calls "moon and moon."  Anyone have any ideas?  If so, please comment!!

Please see the video below for music and lyrics.


If you like the song, please support the artist and buy her songs!!

No comments:

Post a Comment