Tuesday, July 9, 2013

The National - I Should Live in Salt

The National is a US-based band. According to Wikipedia, they chose the name because "it didn't mean anything and was benign and meaningless. A better name would have been Lachrymose since I cannot recall a happy song in any of their six studio albums to date. However, based on my tastes, that's not kept me from being a big fan. I think my favorite song by the group is A Terrible Love from High Violet (2010).  

I Should Live in Salt is from their latest album, Trouble Will Find Me (2013).  It's about an older brother leaving his younger sibling behind, dealing with the guilt of it as well as coming to terms with the adult relationship that exists today.  You can listen to the explanation and hear more about the band in an NPR interview: The National: 'We've Earned Our Stripes'.

The song and the album are representative of The National's music and, if you like it, you will like their earlier work.  I recommend all of their albums.

Please see the video below for music and lyrics.


If you like the song, please support the artists and buy their music!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment