Thursday, July 11, 2013

M83 - Midnight City

I cannot get this song out of my head. The music is just amazing and stays with you long afterwards. I am a little disappointed with the lyrics though! I thought there would be something momentous and earthshaking in the words, unintelligible as they are.

M83 is a French band that plays a lot of electronic music and is named after the galaxy, Messier 83.  Far better than naming it The Milky Way, I guess.  I'm not very familiar with their work but Hurry Up, We're Dreaming (2011) contained some good songs, though the quality of music throughout the album seemed inconsistent.  Midnight City is unquestionably the best song on it.

Please see the video below for music and lyrics.


If you like the song, please support the artists and buy their music!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment