Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Frankmusik - Better Off As Two

I hate to admit it but I am constantly playing this song in the background.  I cannot get it out of my head.  It may sound like something from the Eighties but I really like it.

While the title makes the song sound like a breakup song, I think Frankmusik (or Vincent James Turner, which just does not sound as cool) is saying that rather than trying to become one person, he and the object of the song would be better off celebrating their differences together.  Or something like that.  Or I could just be totally off...'cause how how could this beat really go with breaking up??

I thought Frankmusic would be some techno German group (not really sure why) so I was surprised that Vincent is from England.  He also seems to be a fan of changing his name since he has performed as "Mr. Mouth" as well as "Vincent Did It."  All in all, after seeing his previous choices, Frankmusik doesn't seem so bad.  

All kidding aside, Complete Me (2009) is quite good, with Better Off as Two just being one of many excellent songs.  I am excited about listening to his latest album which was released just a week ago, Between (2013).  

Please see the video below for music and lyrics.




If you like the song, please support the artist and buy his music!!  He needs the money for a new hair style!!

No comments:

Post a Comment