Thursday, February 28, 2013

Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Maps

I like this song a lot from the Yeah Yeah Yeahs.  It's an interesting song and I wondered about the song meaning.  Literally, it sounds like the woman is in love with a cartographer who spends more time with his maps than her.  Those maps will never love him like she does - I guess it can be frustrating if the one you love is more interested in paper than you.  I'm pretty sure that's not the meaning, though it could be since stranger topics have been subjects of songs.

Lot's of sites, including my favorite, Songmeanings.net, state that Maps is an acronym for "My Angus, Please Stay."  Karen O, the lead singer has or at least had a boyfriend named Angus (Angus Andrews from the group, Liars) so it is very likely true or at least more possible than the mad cartographer!

Please see the video below for music and lyrics.



If you like the song, please support the group and buy their music!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment